Hypertension, also known as High Blood Pressure refers to the condition in which the blood is pumped around the body at too high a pressure. High blood pressure typically does not give symptoms. Occasionally, you may have headaches or giddiness when the hypertension is severe. However, these symptoms are not specific to hypertension; they are also present in other diseases. At times, hypertension is only discovered when complications such as a stroke or heart attack happens.
- Work with your Doctor to monitor your blood pressure, blood glucose, and blood cholesterol closely
- Do home-monitoring of your blood pressure
- Your Doctor may prescribe antihypertensive medication, depending on your condition
- Regular checkups are important in the management of hypertension
- Lead a healthier lifestyle by exercising more, watching your diet, limiting alcohol intake, and quit smoking
Consult Dr Ang to learn more on how to manage hypertension and cardiovascular disease